The Palestine Country Office of DVV International is coordinating the EU-funded project “Stories of Palestine” in partnership with Dar al-Kalima University College of Arts and Culture, aiming at supporting Palestinian community-based adult education centres in developing their programmes in cultural education and action, and their contribution to preservation of the Palestinian national identity and heritage.
Within this project, DVV International is seeking a part-time Project Accountant.
Title of the Position: Project Accountant
Level of position: Entry-level
Capacity: Part time (50%: 20 hours weekly)
Location: Ramallah, with regular field work and support to financial aspects of the project in West Bank, Jerusalem and the Gaza Strip.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
The Project Accountant will:
- Be responsible for all financial issues pertaining to the implementation of the action;
- consult with Head Quarter’s financial manager regarding financial procedures and standards;
- carry out supervision visits to the project locations when necessary and providing financial consulting to the co-applicants;
- oversee the funds’ transfer schedules, budget monitoring and forecast activities;
- oversee documentation of all project expenses in light of EU and local fiscal organisation’s requirements in coordination with the Project Manager;
- follow up and review financial reports of the co-applicant;
- support administration of sub-granting;
- Monitor and support taxation issues;
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting in coordination with Finance Manager in the local office and Head Quarter’s Financial Manager;
- Entering the pertinent financial information into the used accounting system.
- Professional knowledge and experience
- University degree in the field of Accounting;
- At least one year of experience in financial management/ accounting of international grants, preferably, in financial accounting of EU-funded initiatives;
- Experience in administration and coordination of sub-granting is preferable.
The ideal candidate would possess the following as a must:
- Fluency in Arabic and English (written and spoken);
- Adequate ability to use and manage digital communication and learning tools;
- Be energetic, flexible and adaptable in their approach;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team;
- Good interpersonal skills with people at all levels;
- Ability to prioritise and work to set timescales and procedures;
Employment is for 50%, from April 2021 through November 2023, intended to start on the 5th of April 2021 with annual contracts that are renewable based on annual evaluation. First six months are considered a probationary period. Payment will be in local currency.
DVV International will provide the following:
- A monthly salary of 2,100 ILS.
- A share of a 13th month salary, paid at the end of the year reflecting the months of actual employment.
- Provision of health insurance.
- And end of service provision in accordance with the Palestinian Labour Law upon final termination of the contract.
How to apply?
Please send the following in English:
- YourCV with a list of three references and their updated contact information; at least one of which being a previous employer, and
- A motivation letter that explains how you are a suitable candidate for this position.
to the following email address by the 30th of March 2021 before 4:00 PM:
Please use the following as a title of your email: Project Accountant – Cultural Education Project.
Only applications that include all requested information will be reviewed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview.
DVV International believes in and will ensure equal-opportunity and equal treatment for all female and male candidates who are eligible for this position.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!